Sixyard logo

Tottenham's Transfer Update: Bergvall Stays, Sarr's Future Uncertain

Roberto De Zerbi has drawn a firm line over Lucas Bergvall’s future – but left the door wide open on Pape Matar Sarr and Mikey Moore as Tottenham’s late-summer transfer intrigue gathers pace.

Bergvall going nowhere

With the window ticking towards its September 1 close, Bergvall has been dragged into the rumour mill despite only just beginning his Spurs career. De Zerbi shut that down in an instant.

“Lucas Bergvall, 100 per cent,” he said, without a hint of doubt.

The Italian revealed he had held extensive talks with the young midfielder during pre-season and made it clear the club view him as a cornerstone, not a tradeable asset.

“We spoke a lot in pre-season. He’s a top player with top potential,” De Zerbi added, stressing that Bergvall wants to stay and that there is “no problem” between player and club.

For one rising talent, the message was blunt: he’s staying.

Sarr in demand, future uncertain

The picture is far less clear for Sarr. The midfielder has attracted strong interest from Galatasaray, who are mounting a serious push to sign him, after Brentford also tracked him earlier in the summer.

De Zerbi admitted the situation is unresolved.

“For Pape, he started pre-season late because he started in Senegal until first week in August, I think,” he said. “He’s a good player. I don’t know if he stays or not. We have to analyse the situation. But he is another very, very important player.”

So while Galatasaray circle and Premier League interest lingers, Tottenham’s head coach is weighing up whether he can afford to lose a player he clearly rates, even if the market is calling.

Moore and the academy queue

Mikey Moore sits in a different bracket again. The 19-year-old winger, who spent last season on loan at Rangers, has been widely tipped for another temporary move away from north London.

De Zerbi likes what he has seen.

“I am happy with Mikey Moore,” he said. “He is working well. He is a good player.”

Yet, just as with Sarr, there is no guarantee he will be part of the squad once the window closes.

“I don’t know or not if he goes on loan. He has big potential for the club. We try to find the best solution for every player we have.”

That approach stretches beyond Moore. De Zerbi namechecked Luca Williams-Barnett and Malachi Hardy as further examples of academy products pushing through, talents the club are “proud” to call their own.

As the market enters its final stretch, Bergvall’s path is set, Sarr’s is contested, and Moore’s hangs in the balance. Tottenham’s next moves will say plenty about how bold De Zerbi is prepared to be with youth, and how much risk he is willing to take with proven quality under heavy outside pressure.